Some companies start in a garage
Ours started in a garden
From these small beginnings has grown a passion for food that now spans the globe.
Nowadays, we produce a colorful variety of fruit and vegetable products such as sauces, drinks, ready-to-eat meals and probiotics. But we’ve never strayed from our founder’s principles of making great tasting foods that are true to nature.
- 1899 – Ichitaro Kanie (picture) begins cultivating tomatoes and other non-native vegetables in Japan.
- 1963 – Company formally named Kagome Co., Ltd., honoring our Japanese agricultural roots and the bamboo lattice baskets used in harvest.
- 1967 – Established Taiwan Kagome Co., Ltd.
- 1903 – Kagome produces tomato sauce in Japan.
- 1989 – Kagome USA is established in Los Banos, California.
- 1993 – Kagome USA opens an internal research and development center, laying the foundation for the opening of Global Foodservice Sales & Innovation Center in San Carlos, California in 2016.
- 2007 – Acquisition of Kagome Foods, Inc in Osceola, Arkansas bringing new capabilities in dip cups, pouch sauces, margarines and buttery spreads.
- 2010 – Kagome Australia joins the Kagome family.
- 2012 – HIT in Portugal becomes a subsidiary.
- 2012 – Established OSOTSPA KAGOME CO., LTD. in Thailand.
- 2013 – Established Ruchi Kagome Foods India Pvt. Ltd. In India.
- 2016 – United Genetics (vegetable seed company) in Hollister, California and global locations becomes subsidiary.
- 2016 – Becomes equity member of Ingomar Packing Company (tomato processor)